Sunday, October 14, 2012

I have gone crafting mad!

Upon discovering etching cream and all the ideas on Pinterest I have turned into a mad woman. I have learned the contact paper makes an excellent stencil!  I also don't have one of those fancy cricut things, so I had to figure out a new way to get cute stencils without buying 100 different packets for one design.  So here's my latest "let it snow" plate.

Use a hole punch on contact paper to make snowflakes. Place contact paper stencils on a dollar store glass plate. Cover stencil with Armour Etching cream sit for about 15 min. Rinse and you are done! Cute for Christmas cookies!

Supplies:
Armour etch (Michaeals or Hobby Lobby)
Glass plate (dollar store)
Contact paper
Snowflake Paper punch (Hobby Lobby)
Reusable adhesive stencils (Walmart)
Paint Brush (I use a Q-tip) 

Punch snowflakes out of the contact paper and adhere your stencil to the back side of the plate. Place your text stencils on the front side of the plate.

Doing one side of the plate at a time. I started with the back side that has the contact paper stencils. Cover each stencil with a generous amount of armour etch. I let mine sit on for about 15 minutes.

Now wash off the etching cream with water. Dry the plate and do the other side!


Remove all stencils and you have a pretty plate perfect for decoration or holiday cookies. Go forth and go mad etching things! This is so simple and quick! 

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. "I have gone crafting mad" suggests a strong enthusiasm for crafting activities. How Improve Speed This person is likely deeply engrossed in various creative projects, perhaps trying out different techniques or materials.

    ReplyDelete